Digital-Know-How.com Questions and Answers
- What’s the best positioning for the webcam video when I conduct picture-in-picture effects in screencasts?
- What video dimensions are best when uploading video to Vimeo or YouTube?
- What software and hardware should I use to conduct a “white board” type screencast presentation?
Here are some of the references I mentioned in the video
- Vimeo School – Video Compression Basics. This is a great blog post that I recommend reading if you want help understanding the rationale behind such mind-boggling terms as: frame rates, keyframe interval, data rate (bit rate), resolution and more.
- Khan Academy. Salman Khan and his team use white board type presentations quite extensively in most, if not all, of their online training videos.
- Camtasia Studio. Techsmith’s screen recording software for windows (version 8) includes the Screendraw tool that allows you to “write” and draw on objects that appear on your computer screen during the screen recording session.
- Snowmint Ultimate Pen. For Mac users, I personally use Ultimate Pen for whiteboard writing effects on my desktop. The ink motions are smooth which also includes a pressure sensitive tapering style to the drawing strokes.
- Wacom. Finally, if you’re shooting for a professional look in your white board screencast presentations, I can’t say enough how important a Wacom style tablet and stylus are for helping you achieve that professional look.
What other recommendations would you make for the questions about webcam positioning, and white board screencasts?